A hair transplant is a surgery in which the surgeon moves hair to an area that is bald or thin. This is a procedure that is not available through the NHS (National Health Services) department. These are the services that do not give any financial help to patients of hair transplant surgery.
A hair transplant is a very big decision. So, before setting your mind for this surgery, you should as much as you can. By the end of this article, you will find each and everything that you need to know.
How much a hair transplant cost?
- A hair transplant is a very costly surgery. According to the UK, the average hair transplant cost is around $4000 to $15,000. In Indian currency, it is around two, three lakhs. That is why it is easily not affordable for everyone.
- The hair transplant cost depends on the type of surgery also. So, before going for a hair transplant surgery you should always consult a doctor (it is good for hair harmony and you).
Who are the people that can have a hair transplant?
- A hair transplant is very much suitable for people having permanent baldness. This is very much suitable for the people having the genetical problem of hair loss.
- It is also suitable for people with head injuries or for the people whose hair gets burnt.
- People with scarring and patch problem can also take the decision for hair transplant surgery.
What to think about before you make a plan for surgery?
Before making a decision for surgery you need to keep some things in mind. Let’s see what these things.
- About the doctor:
- Before making a plan for surgery, you should always check about the doctor. You should check whether the doctor is well expert or not.
- You should ask for the portfolio of the doctor.
- You should also check the ratings and reviews of the surgeon on the internet.
- Should always find a successful surgery story of the doctor. These are the things that you should check about the doctor before going for a surgery.
- About the hair transplant cost:
- Before making a decision for surgery, you should always consult your doctor about the hair transplant cost.
- You should ask them how many grafts are to be transplanted and how much it will cost.
- About the clinic:
- You should always check whether the clinic is certified or not.
- You should check whether the doctors of that clinic are very qualified or not.
- Choosing who will do the hair transplant?
- You should always choose the right surgeon for you because having the wrong doctor can make things complicated.
- You should find whether your doctor’s surgery was 100% successful or not.
- You should ask the doctor which transplant surgery you should go with. These are the things that you should always check before making plans for surgery.
Therefore, keeping these things in mind is good for hair harmony and you.
What hair transplant surgery involves?
A hair transplant surgery is a procedure that is carried out under local anesthesia sedation. This means that you will feel no pain during the surgery. There are two types of hair transplant surgery. Let’s discuss them both:
- FUT or strip method (Follicular Unit Transplantation):
STEP 1: A thin strip of hair is removed from the back of the head or ears. Then it is divided into smaller fragments. Each fragment contains 1 to 4 hair each.
STEP 2: Then the grafts are placed into the tiny cuts made on the scalp.
STEP 3: The site having transplanted hair is not closed with stitches. For around 4 to 5 days the head/scalp is covered with a bandage.
- FUE (Follicular Unit Extraction):
STEP 1: The back of the head is shaved.
STEP 2: Tiny holes are made on the scalp.
STEP 3: The grafts are placed into the cuts.
STEP 4: You will now have lots of tiny scars, but they are not visible to everyone.
This is how hair transplant surgery takes place.
How much time will it take for a person to recover?
- Most of the people are able to return to work in 3 days.
- Whereas in some cases it takes 2 to 3 weeks for the people to return back to normal work.
After 4 to 5 days: Your bandages will be removed, but you will not be able to touch your grafts.
After 6 days: You are now able to wash your hair but gently.
After 10 to 14 days: non-dissolvable stitches can be removed now.
After a few weeks: The hair transplanted will shed off. Later, new follicles will be seen.
After 6 months: New growth can be seen easily.
After 12 to 18 months: You can see the full new growth of hair.
These are the things that you should go through before making plans for hair transplant surgery.
Cosmetic surgery may sometimes go wrong and complicated for some people. That’s why it is very much important for you to go and consult a doctor- if hair transplant surgery is good for you or not?